Wednesday, November 9, 2011

There's a first time for everything.....

....but I don't know that it is always a good thing.  About 6 years ago I had my dear friend/cousin Jody over for a play date with our sweet little one year olds.  The day passing quickly when I realized I hadn't planned dinner.  I asked Jody "what should I make for dinner?" And  do you know what she did?  She showed me a recipe that changed my life.  Not only did she introduce me to this delicious meal she actually put it all together for me!!!  She said, "do you have chicken?" Yes, I said. "Do you have soy sauce?" me, yes.  "Well here  you go" she said.  And off she went. Since that day I can not tell you how many times I have called her asking, how do I make that chicken?  It is always a great excuse to chat on the phone and catch up.  But for the very first time last night I didn't have to call. :( I had actually written the recipe down and put it in my recipe box.  As I pulled that recipe out I felt a little sad that I didn't have to call.  So I guess from now on I will just have to call for a different reason.  Now please don't laugh at the fact that I had to call every time when you see the actual recipe. It is very simple and has very few ingredients.  

So here it is.     
Step by step instructions to the easiest, most delicious meal you can make.

Step one:
Frozen chicken breasts
put them straight into the crock pot.  

As you can see I used the chicken tenderloins.  

Step two:
Add 
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 water
3/4 sugar (this time I used brown sugar)
garlic and ginger (i don't like ginger so I do not add any)

Once it is all mixed together that's it!!! Amazing.  
Set your slow cooker for how ever long it is until dinner (haha) and your done.
(I would suggest at least 4 hours but the longer the better)
About 20 minutes before dinner time I start a batch of rice and get out a package of frozen stir fry veggies.


And there you have it.  A wonderful meal the whole family will love!



Please note the very small mess created during the prep of this meal.  
Not bad considering I didn't "clean up" as I went. 

 And here we have the kid portion


Followed by the Dad portion!


What's on the menu for tonight? You ask.

Well I will give you a clue
it is a perfect dish for a freezing cold evening.  
I would say comfort food at its finest.  

Yum Yum! Stay tuned for the details.


1 comment:

  1. I'm following from the Finding New Friends blog hop! I'm following through Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, and Networked Blogs, as applicable! A follow back would be very much appreciated!

    Also, I have a giveaway that may interest you for a free 1-year subscription to Bon Appetit magazine. Don't hesitate to stop by and enter: http://www.peaceloverecipes.com/2011/11/bon-appetit-magazine-giveaway.html

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Much Love,
    Courtney P.
    www.peaceloverecipes.com

    ReplyDelete

background