Thursday, November 10, 2011

The family that cooks together........


Well, bummer I don't have a clever ending to that statement.  :)
Golden Cream Soup!  Oh yummy.  This is a recipe I received from my mother in law.  When I heard the name I wasn't sure what to think about it.  But after that first taste I was sold.
This is a wonderful potato soup, with carrots, celery, onion
and the money ingredient...........
Velveeta!!! 

I love velveeta.  It is one of those foods that I try to keep on the dl that I like.  

Look at my family aren't they cute? 
Peeling, chopping, and dicing together.  




Unfortunately this is the last picture of the evening.  I left before dinner was done and Matt and the kids finished making dinner and ate before I returned home.  But just imagine a big pot of goodness, and on the side of that a pile of crusty french bread.  And with the addition of those veggies you don't feel quite so bad about the pound of velveeta that is mixed in! (the recipe calls for 1/2 lb.  but who are they kidding)

Dad I thought you might like to know what madels said the other day.
I was telling her why we needed to trim her hair.  I said if we never cut it the it will just keep breaking off and  won 't grow.  To which she replied "Is that what happened to Papa?"  HAhahah makes sense to me.  :)

Today the kids are celebrating Veterans day at school and Madeline has put on every red, white,  or blue article of clothing that she owns.  I am looking forward to the program they are putting on this afternoon and it will also be fun to see all the stars they have decorated for our veterans!






No comments:

Post a Comment

background